The Florida Center for Reading Research is committed to providing quality training and resources to support Florida State University graduate students. While in graduate school, students may have unique needs related to career planning, as well as questions about how to achieve post-graduate career goals both inside and outside the academy. Below are valuable resources to assist you.
We encourage you to view this wonderful series of webinars on the job search and all aspects of it, from preparing your materials to interviewing and negotiating.
- What is the Job Search process?
- How do I Prepare my Application?
- What Should I Expect in an Initial Interview?
- What Happens During an On-Campus Interview?
- What About the Job Talk?
- You Got the Job, Now What: Negotiating!
Advice on writing your materials and interviewing
- The Professor is In Podcast- Episode 2.3- Revisiting "Don't Act Like a Grad Student"
- The Professor is In Blog:
Mary Corbin Sies: http://www.ut-ie.com/n-q/questions_academic.html
Professor is In Blog: Negotiation as Therapy Blogpost from The Professor is In
Here are just a few of the many websites with job postings (most professional organizations have job boards too).
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- American Educational Research Association
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Higher Education Consortium in Special Education
- International Reading Association
- Career Center Library Links (See Section VI: Opportunities)
- Ph.D.’s at Work
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- The Sloan Career Cornerstone Center (STEM careers)
- CAPCSD- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Science and Disorders
Megan Crowe – Graduate Liaison – FSU Career Center
Megan Crowe, Assistant Director, The Career Center
firstname.lastname@example.org / (850) 644-8139
Dunlap Student Success Center, Suite 1200
FSU Career Center
Graduate Job Search Resources
- Explore Post-Graduate Career Options
- Careers in Academia
- Careers in Industry
- International Job Search
What Does a Professor Do?
More information about institutions of higher ed
Carnegie Classifications of Institutions of Higher Education: https://carnegieclassifications.acenet.edu/
Advice & Guidance for your Job Search